Kim, Hillary and September 11th

I have kept my mouth shut for as long as humanly possible.   I'm literally choking on my words as I type.  Y'all are probably sick of hearing about this but...there are two things I have to know....

First, what is wrong with Kim Davis?

Look, I'm all about freedom of religion.  I got it.  And I understand that the First Amendment (and everything else in the Bill of Rights for that matter) needs to be protected at all costs.

I live in The Bible Belt and I bet that about 85% percent of my friends on Facebook are reading this while shaking their heads and probably saying a prayer for me.  I am a proud Southern Baptist.  I direct the choir at my church.  My sister-in-law and I are over the youth program.

I know what The Bible says and frankly, I always go back to the part where Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord thy God with all your heart and the second commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself.


That's it.  That's what He said.

It doesn't say to love your Christian neighbors and distance yourself from everyone else.  It especially doesn't say that you should disregard nonbelievers.

Allow me to put this "job thing" in context.

Let's say that I got a job at Wal-Mart as a cashier.  And let's say that the first time someone came through the line with alcohol, I informed the customer and my management that I couldn't ring that person up because my religion tells me that drinking alcohol is against God's will. 

Or let's say I was a physician working at a family practice.  And let's say that an obese woman came in the office because she had heart disease.  Let's say that I told the owner of the practice that I couldn't see this patient because gluttony was a sin according to my religion.

How about this?

Let's say that I got a job waiting tables at a local restaurant and about six months after I started work, they added a pork bar-b-que sandwich to the menu and I refuse to serve it because I'm Jewish and my religion does not endorse the consumption of unclean animals.

In all of these cases, the boss would have told me to pack my stuff and go home.  How is this any different?

No one is MAKING her work there against her will.  She can quit any time she wants.

But why would she give up an $80K salary and 15 minutes of fame?  Not to mention the potential money she could make from interviews and book deals.

She wins.  Even though she claims to be "persecuted," she still wins.

Let's talk about someone else who keeps winning.  Disgusting, evil winning.

Hillary Clinton.

Which brings me to the second thing I have to know...

Who does Hillary think she is?

There are so many things that I could start with but since today is September 11th, let's start with Benghazi.  That really seems to be where her most-recent troubles started.

Here is the brief rundown of what happened:  The US Embassy in Benghazi was attacked on September 11, 2012 and four American's were killed.  The Obama administration and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton both blamed that attack on a YouTube video that incited rioting.  Congress didn't buy it.  Trey Gowdy opened up an investigation on Benghazi and in the process, uncovered the fact that Hillary used a private email server to conduct official business.

Although she vehemently denied that ANY classified information was on her server, 125 recovered emails have been deemed classified...and there are still thousands of emails to review. After the investigation started, she changed her verbiage to say that none of the emails were "marked" classified.

I know what you're thinking:  how am I supposed to know who is right?  

So I'll explain this to you.  First, let's not forget that the ONLY reason ANY of this was discovered is because she lied about the Benghazi attack.

Second, it doesn't matter whether those emails were marked or not.

Background:  When a person agrees to do work for the United States Government, he or she is granted for a personnel security clearance.  Before that person can do work, he/she must sign a non-disclosure agreement.  The proper term for the document is an SF-312.  Google it.  Read it.  It will leave you no doubt about this investigation.

At the same time that person signs the 312, he/she must also complete security training.  The training is repeated AL LEAST annually.

So not understanding the requirement is no excuse.

Also, there are only a handful of people who are approved to "classify" material.  One of those people is the Secretary of State.  We call this an Original Classifier.  Under policy, any information regarding another country is automatically classified until it is deemed otherwise.

So her claims that the material was "not marked" is irrelevant.  Additionally, the SF-312 specifically protects classified material both marked and unmarked.

Either way, the government wins and Hillary loses.

Does anyone else see the similarities here?  Both of these women believe they are above the law.

What is wrong with this country?  Hillary is STILL the leading Presidential candidate for the Democratic party and Kim is STILL a symbol of conservative Christianity.

As I'm writing this, I am watching a TV Special on September 11, 2001.  I can't help but think that if this madness with Kim and Hillary was in the news on the day of September 11, it would be squashed because we would have realized that some things just don't matter.  When lives are at stake, some things just don't matter.

Who cares what Kim thinks?  2,996 people were killed in a terrorist attack.
Who cares if Hillary gets the Democratic Presidential Nomination?  2,996 people were killed in a terrorist attack.

We would begin to wonder if the unprotected classified emails led to the attack.

We would see that Americans need to support Americans regardless of race, creed, color or sexual orientation.

We would undeniably love our neighbors as ourselves.

And we would turn to the Lord our God.

2,996 Americans were killed in a terrorist attack.

2,996 Americans were killed in a terrorist attack.

Let's not get so far away from that date and so far away from our feelings on that day that we forget.

Let's not forget.

Never forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment